Tuesday 28 October 2008

Heading to ICAWC: see you in Italy!

I've just been rushing around the living room discovering that no, I don't have a European adaptor but yes, I have remembered to pack my toothbrush. This year I'm lucky enough to be part of Dogs Trust's annual conference which sparks ongoing conversation with animal welfare workers around the world.

A chance for animal rescues small and large to share and learn from expertise and best practice, ICAWC (the International Companion Animal Welfare Conference) is being held in Italy this year, and that's where I'll be blogging from this week.

Although I'll be stopping by here as often as possible to make sure you're up to date with dog news, I'll be making my main home on the ICAWC blog where I'll be covering as many of the presentations and workshops as possible for those who could not make it to Stresa this year. So please do come and join me there if you've got any interest in animal welfare. There's also a social network where - delegate or not - you can communicate with those who share your focus on helping companion animals and even a wiki on which to display your knowledge, research or area of interest.

Areas covered this year include changing behaviour patterns, keeping supporters well-informed and happy, the Tellington Touch, education programmes, internet marketing on a low budget (that would be my topic!) and population dynamics - and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I look forward to reporting it all for you, and maybe even meeting some of you there!

No comments: